192.168.2.1 is commonly used as login and admin address of routers, including most Belkin models, some models of Edimax, Siemens, and SMC.
How to Login 192.168.2.1?
- To access router’s login page, you need to open a browser, enter 192.168.2.1 in the browser address bar and press ‘Enter’ to open to visit the address.
- Then the page will show up a box asking you to enter username and password, enter them and click Login.
- Now you are logged in to the admin interface.
Steps before Logging to Router
- Confirm router login address. The login address of different routers are different from each other, you can find the address information on router’s back.
- Check whether the router is connected correctly. The WAN port of router needs to be connected with ISP cable, don’t mix it with LAN port.
- Check your computer’s IP address. I’d recommend you to set your computer to obtain IP address automatically.
Troubleshooting of 192.168.2.1
If you can’t access 192.168.2.1, please re-check steps before logging to router, make sure your device is successfully connected to router with cable or WiFi. If there is still an error, please check following steps:
- Type 192.168.2.1 or http://192.168.2.1 carefully, IP address consists of numbers and dots.
- Check whether the login IP address is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1, or others.
- Try another browser to visit this IP, sometimes there will be a problem if your browser isn’t configured correctly.
- Reboot your router or power cycle it to see whether it will work normally.
If these three steps above still don’t work, your router might be configured with some personal settings that prevent your computer from connecting to internet. Then you could try factory reset to recover data.
How to Factory Reset your router?
Restoring your router to factory settings is very simple.
- Power on the router.
- Press and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds.
Note: All previous settings will be erased after factory reset, make sure to backup data before doing above steps.