192.168.100.1 is a private local IP address which is also used as a gateway IP address. 192.168.100.1 is used to be used as the address to log into the router’s admin interface to allow internet capable devices to connect to the router, you need a network connection to the router to access the 192.168.100.1 IP address.
How to login to 192.168.100.1?
Once connected to the network, simply enter the address into a web browser to access the router’s interface. Your browser must be up to date and have HTML5 support so that you can access the interface.
If you want to access the router’s control panel, please follow these steps.
- Open a web browser on your PC or mobile phone.
- Type http://192.168.100.1 or 192.168.100.1 in the address bar and press Enter.
- The router login page will appear.
- You need to enter login credentials, some router’s default username and password are:
- If the login credentials are correct, you will be successfully logged in.
Connect your computer or cell phone to the router, and both wired and wireless networks can connect to the router. After logging into the router, you can set up the router and WiFi.
Unable to access 192.168.100.1?
If you can’t access 192.168.100.1 of your router, there are many possible reasons why you can’t connect, please see the following solutions：
- Check whether your PC or mobile phone is connected with the right WiFi network. If your mobile phone is using a mobile network, it means your phone is connected with your mobile provider’s network, not router’s WiFi network.
- Your device is using a proxy or VPN. A proxy or VPN will stops you from connecting to the router’s local network, try to clear it and stay within the local network.
- You’ve entered a wrong IP address, such as 192.168.l00.1, www.192.168.100.1 or 192.168.100.1.com.
How to change WiFi SSID and password?
WiFi SSID means wireless network name, which is the name while you search for your wireless signal. If you want to change WiFi SSID and password, follow these steps:
- Open a web browser and login to your router follow above steps.
- Once logged in, navigate router main menus, you will find a menu called Wireless Network or WiFi network.
- Click it, find the SSID field, most routers have default WiFi names in it, you can delete it and enter your desired WiFi SSID.
- Then find WiFi security section and click it.
- In the WiFi security field, choose WPA2 or WPA3 option for more secured protocol.
- Then in the WiFi password field you can enter your desired password.
Note:The appearances of the router’s admin interfaces are different, but they are more or less the same, anyway, you can easily find WiFi network or wireless network menu as it’s the main function of a router.
Forgot 192.168.100.1 Username and Password?
In most cases, you rarely log back into their routers after you’ve finished configuring them. So, after a long time, you would forget the router login username and password, how do you solve this problem?
If you have previously set to save your username and password when logging in, then you can directly enter the router login address and the login box will pop up with the username and password you have saved, you can directly log in.
If you forget the router login username and password, and you can’t log in to the router, you can factory reset the router in the following way：
- First of all, find a round hole marked as RESET on the router’s panel, which is the reset button to restore the factory settings of the router.
- Power on your router, find a pin or a needle, press the RESET button for about 10 seconds.
- After that you will see the router indicators turn into a fast blinking state.
- Release the RESET button, then the router is successfully factory reset.
Note: The reset process is very simple, after the successful reset, you can login to the router with the default login username and password.