Sometimes while we are using a computer, it search for wireless signal of our router, and get connected to WIFI signal successfully but the computer still can’t get access to Internet. How to solve this problem? Why doesn’t our router work? Let’s find the right solutions.
Problem 1: There is an error with IP address configuration of your computer’s wireless network card. For example, with other wireless devices (notebook, mobile phone), you are able to connect the wireless signal and get access to Internet, but with your computer, it failed to do that.
How to solve it:
- Right-click ‘Network’, then click ‘Properties’.
- Click ‘Change Adapter Settings’, right-click ‘wireless network adapter’ – ‘Properties’, please note : don’t right click ‘local connection’.
- Select ‘Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP / IPv4)’ and click ‘Properties’.
- Check ‘get IP address automatically’ and ‘automatically get DNS server address’ option, then click ‘OK’.
Problem 2: There are some problems with your router’s configuration, all wireless devices connected to the router can not access to Internet.
How to solve it:
Connect your wireless router and your computer with a network cable, then login to your router‘s management interface, check ‘running state’ – ‘WAN port state’.
If WAN port status shows blank, it means the installation and configuration steps of your wireless router are all wrong. You can refer to this article for the steps.
If WAN port status shows IP address, gateway, and so on, please follow the following methods to solve the problem:
- Turn off ‘Wireless MAC Address Filter’ function.
- Turn off ‘MAC Address Filter’ function.
- Turn off ‘IP Address Filter’ function.
If all of the above steps still can not solve the problem, you need to reset your router to factory settings, then login to it with default login user name and password, re-configure Internet connection wireless network, then try again all to see if you are able to connect to Internet with wireless connection, it should work this time.