192.168.0.228 IP Address
To access your router’s admin page, type 192.168.0.228 in your web browser’s address bar, or click on the link below
192.168.0.228 is a private IP address and a local area network address. If your wireless router or modem’s IP address is 192.168.0.228, you can log in to these devices by entering this address. This address can also be used as the default gateway of your network.
Once you have successfully accessed the router admin interface, you can configure a variety of settings, including IP Qos, DNS, Guest Network, Parental Control, LAN, WAN, Network Management, Security Options, Wireless Settings, PPPOE Internet Access Method, WPS, DSL and DHCP Client.
How to login to your router at 192.168.0.228?
- Check the Internet connection.
You must connect your device to the router. If you are using a computer, you can either use a network cable to connect to the router’s WAN port, or connect to the router’s WiFi network directly.
If you are using a mobile phone, try to turn on its wireless network to search for the router’s default WiFi name to connect.
Please keep in mind that if your mobile phone only uses mobile networks (4G or 5G), it can’t connect to your router.
- Launch your browser and type in the correct login URL.
To access the router admin panel, ensure that you are using the correct login address, then enter http://192.168.0.228 in the address bar of your browser.
If you are unsure whether 192.168.0.228 is your router’s IP address, check your router’s admin address in the manual (or check the sticker on the bottom of the router).
- Enter router login username and password.
After the router displays a login page, enter router’s login username and password in the page.
If this is your first time attempting to log in to the router, you can use the default password to log in, check the page of router’s default username and password list.
Tip: If you do not remember the username and password details, please follow the instructions below to reset the router.
Unable to login to 192.168.0.228?
If you can’t open the http://192.168.0.228 web page, it means you are unable to login to your router. If your router’s default IP address is not 192.168.0.228, you can try other IP addresses, such as 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, or 192.168.2.1. Or check the router manual and router label to find the default login address.
There are many reasons why you are unable to log in to the router.
- Your computer or mobile phone did not obtain an IP address.
- Your computer or mobile phone is not connected to the router network.
- Wrong login method or login IP address.
Here are some IP address typo errors that will result in login failure:
- Error: 192.168.I.1
- Error: 192-168-1-1
- Error: 192.168.1.1.com or 192-168-1-1.com
- Error: https://192.168.1.1, correct http://192.168.1.1
Solutions to login to 192.168.0.228:
- Check that your computer and router are properly connected, your computer should be connect to router’s LAN port, and the corresponding indicator light is on.
- Set your computer to obtain IP address automatically.
- Check whether the address you enter in the browser is your router’s IP address.
- Check to see if your router port has been changed. If the router is open to remote management and the login port has been changed, you must log in with “http://ip:port”, such as: http://192.168.0.228:8080.
- Check to see if your browser is using a proxy or if your computer/mobile phone is using a VPN. Because proxies and VPNs will keep your device out of the router’s network.
With the above login steps, you can now access the router’s admin page. Within the admin page, you can configure your router and change settings to meet your preferences.
How to configure your router with 192.168.0.228?
- Login to your router by following the above steps.
- After entering the router page, navigate to the Network section.
- Choose your Internet access solution that is provided by your ISP, which can be ‘Direct access to the Internet’, ‘PPPOE dial-up’, or ‘static IP’.
- If it’s ‘PPPOE dial-up’, enter the username and password that are provided by your ISP.
- Go to wireless settings, configure your router’s WiFi name (SSID) and WiFi password.
- Once the basic configuration is complete, connect your computer to the router to verify whether the network is working.
How to change WiFi name and password?
WiFi name is also named WiFi SSID, which is the wireless network name that your router specified to distinguish other wireless networks.
Here are some simple steps of changing WiFi name and password for some popular router brands.
- Login to NetGear router admin page with 192.168.0.228.
- Enter login credentials, you can try the default username and password, which is admin/password.
- Once logged in navigate to Wireless section.
- Enter Wireless Network Name (SSID) in the field.
- Choose WPA2-PSK in the Security Option.
- Then enter Password in in the field.
- Click on Apply to save changes.
- Login to D-link router admin page.
- By default, the login username is admin, the password is not required.
- Once logged in, go to Wireless Settings, then click on Manual Wireless Network Setup.
- Enter a new WiFi name in the Wireless Network Name/SSID field.
- Go to Wireless Security Mode, select WPA-2.
- Enter your desired WiFi password in the Pre Shared Key section.
- Click on Save settings to make changes.
- Login to TP-link router admin page.
- Try using default login credentials, admin for username and admin for password.
- Once logged in, go to Wireless, it will show you the wireless settings page.
- In the Wireless Network Name field, enter your desired WiFi name.
- The next field is wireless security section. Select WPA2-PSK.
- Enter your desired WiFi password in the Wireless Password field.
- Click on Save to apply changes.
How to change router login IP address?
Router login IP address is usually pre-assigned by manufacturers, and different router brands are assigned with different IP addresses. You can check some popular default login IP addresses in the following table.
|Router Band||Login IP||Username||Password|
|Globe At Home||http://192.168.254.254/||user|
|LPB Piso WiFi||http://10.0.0.1||admin|
Most routers allow users to change the login IP address, which effectively prevents others from tampering with your router information.
The operation is as follows.
- Login to your router admin panel with 192.168.0.228.
- Go to Advanced Settings – Network Settings.
- Locate the Router IP Address field.
- Change the IP address as desired.
- Please keep in mind that router IP address should be a private IP address, read private IP address section below for more details.
- Click on Save, then reboot your router to apply changes.
Tip: If you encounter any problems during this process, you can restore the router to factory settings so that all custom settings will be restored to their original state.
How to change router login password?
Router default login password is also pre-assigned by router manufacturer, which you can find printed on the back of your router, and please note that router login password is not WiFi password. You can find most popular router login password in the above table.
To change the router login password, follow the steps below.
- Login to your router admin panel with 192.168.0.228.
- Go to Advanced Settings.
- Find Router Management section.
- Click on Change Router Login Password.
- Enter the old password, then enter a new password in the next field.
- Click on Save, then reboot your router to apply changes.
Forget router login username and password?
Nowadays, we need to remember a lot of passwords due to a bunch of electronic products. If you usually tend to forget things, writing down the password in a small book might help you. But if you still don’t remember the router’s login username and password, don’t worry, you can find the solution in the following content.
Check router default login password
- Look for a label on the back of the router, or some other area of it. The default login username, password, and login IP address are printed on this label.
- Find the popular router login password table in the previous paragraph, try the common passwords to see if they work.
- Go to this Router default password list to check router brand and password.
- If all the above steps fail, you can try to restore the router to factory settings.
Factory reset your router
- Turn on your router.
- Find the reset button on your router. On some routers, the reset button is in a small hole.
- Press and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds.
- When the lights on your router flash, your router’s data is restored to factory settings.
- Login to your router’s admin interface, configure network settings and change the login password if you want.
More about 192.168.0.228
An IP address is a 32-bit binary number, which consists of two parts: network ID and host ID. It is used to identify a computer in a network in a unique way. The network ID is used to identify the segment in which the computer is located. The host ID is used to identify the location of the computer in the segment.
IP addresses are usually represented by four sets of three decimal digits separated by dots, such as 192.168.0.228. If you have multiple devices connected to the router network, the first three sets of numbers are the same for all devices, indicating that they are on the same network, and the fourth set will be different. The router DHCP protocol will automatically assign a unique IP address to each device.
In the router network, different internet devices should avoid using the same IP address. For example, if your router IP address is 192.168.0.228, then your internet devices can’t use it so as not to cause IP address conflicts.
Finding your IP address
Router login IP address is usually printed on a label (such as 192.168.0.228), the label can be found on the back of your router, and on the label it always contains login IP address, login username and password which are default values pre-set by router manufacturers. If you have no idea how to configure your router at the first time, you should look at the label to get login information for the first step. If you have changed the router login IP address, and don’t remember it, there are several methods to get it except factory reset the router, as factory reset router may cause data loss.
- Open a command prompt.
- Type the command ‘ipconfig/all‘ and hit Enter.
- Find the line starts with ‘Default gateway’.
- The IP address follows default gateway is also your router’s IP address.
Mac OS system:
- Open the Apple menu.
- Click on ‘system preferences’.
- Click on the network you are using, then click ‘Advanced’ button.
- Click ‘TCP/IP’, you will find router IP address.
Private IP addresses
192.168.0.228 is a private IP address that is directly related to your WiFi network. The following private IPV4 address segments are reserved by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA).
- 10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255
- 172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255
- 192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255
Tip: In all networks, the first and last addresses are not available, so the first available address is 192.168.0.1 and the last one is 192.168.255.254.
All devices in the internal network can use private addresses, and these private addresses are converted to public addresses by NAT (Network Address Translation) when accessing the Internet.